[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** Understanding the action / trigger / hook / reactor / validator architecture

Joe Atzberger jatzberger at esilibrary.com
Tue Mar 23 22:30:40 EDT 2010

Can't answer all your questions, but I'll chime in on some.

> "Processing group context field" defines the field associated with the
> event that is used somewhere (?)

That is used, for example, to batch together overdue notices.  So you might
have two of your books become overdue on the same day.  Rather than get two
notices, they are grouped together by the usr field.

> /openils/bin/action_trigger_runner.pl --process-hooks
> /openils/bin/action_trigger_runner.pl --run-pending

You might try it with verbose output, like:
/openils/bin/action_trigger_runner.pl --process-hooks --debug-stdout

Just to see if that gives any more useful info.

>  * Would it be possible to deliver an annotated
> action_trigger_filters.json.example file with some of the more common
> hooks enabled by default (for example, hold.available)?

I think it would be OK.  Our JSON parser seems to tolerate comments, even
though they are non-spec.  Scott or Mike can probably correct me if I'm
wrong here.

--Joe