[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** Understanding the action / trigger / hook / reactor / validator architecture

Benjamin Shum bshum at biblio.org
Wed Mar 24 11:42:51 EDT 2010

On Mar 23, 2010, at 11:15 PM, Dan Scott wrote:

> One more question: is anyone actually running anything involving
> action/trigger/hooks on a production 1.6.0 system? I find it odd that
> I can successfully generate an email notice using the "Test" dialogue
> for a 7-day overdue checkout on a stock 1.6.0.3 virtual image, but
> action_trigger_runner.pl fails to generate anything.

Equinox helped us configure our production system (1.6.0.2-ish) to work with a few action/trigger notices.  I'm still learning how it's all set up and running though, so this topic thread has been great.

Thus far, we've noted that our pre-due e-mail notifications seem to be sent out.  These notices were configured within the staff client so they're definitely in-database.  They have sent times of 2 am, which matches up to when our crontab is set to run the action_trigger_runner.pl script.  I'd have to check on the other e-mail notifications that have been configured to see if those are doing their jobs.

Benjamin Shum
Open Source Software Coordinator
Bibliomation, Inc.
32 Crest Road