[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** New Server/Upgrade from 1.4 to 1.6

Adam Ray aray at slcconline.edu
Thu May 13 11:59:37 EDT 2010

We have been experiencing high CPU issues with our installation of evergreen and it seems that we have some `flaws` in our installation. The server was being run on a Citrix Xen VM running Debian Etch. We have decided to acquire a new server whose sole purpose is Evergreen.

I haven't really seen any information on migration from one server to the other and I thought we might also want to upgrade from 1.4 to 1.6 while we're at it since we won't want to do that once we're in full production (this is our first automation system and we are ready to assign barcodes to our bibliographic records). Most of our collection now has MARC records and that is the only information we are worried about migrating at this point.

1.       My biggest concern is what should be the order in which I proceed. Should I migrate data to a server running the same version of Evergreen and then upgrade the server or should I install 1.6 on the new server and then migrate the data?

2.       How should I go about migrating the data in general? Are there scripts to move data from one server to another?

Thanks,
Adam Ray
SLCC IT Director
aray at slcconline.edu<mailto:aray at slcconline.edu>