[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** Telephony patch

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Fri May 21 11:51:30 EDT 2010

On 21 May 2010 08:36, Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley <lebbeous at esilibrary.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Here's a large patch against trunk to provide a foundation for telephone
> notification in Evergreen.  This patch contains much of the same code as a
> patch posted here in November 2009, with a few later improvements mostly by
> Joe Atzberger.
>
> If there are no objections, I'd like to commit this to trunk soon to
> facilitate everyone's access to the code and to enable collaboration, more
> testing, and so on.

I would support this patch. I like the script_x_check.sh addition, too :)

Would it be possible to separate out the whitespace changes to
action_trigger_runner.pl into a separate patch from the substantive
changes? (If I'm reading it correctly, the only substantive change is
the addition of a "verbose" flag; otherwise it's all whitespace or the
move from "if ($foo) { }" to "$foo and"... the latter move I'm not
particularly enamoured of, but whatever). It's a bit hard to be sure
that I'm seeing the intended changes with the whitespace diffs in the
way.

Note to self: need to auto-toolize action_trigger_runner.pl so that it
doesn't have hardcoded directories like /openils/conf and /tmp - but
that problem pre-exists the telephony patch and the fix can come after
the patch is applied.

Thanks a ton for the work on this, guys! This is a huge win for
Evergreen in an impressively compact amount of code... very nice.