[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Forming Teams by Topic

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Tue May 25 13:14:59 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Lori Bowen Ayre <lori.ayre at galecia.com> wrote:
> You volunteer to be the contact to get us started - check!

I'll wrangle patches submitted to the mailing lists, just as other
developers would do for submissions related their areas of expertise
or interest, right. :)  I can offer opinions, but I'm not a contact,
liaison, or point person for getting things done.  Just a volunteer
here in this context.

> Donate to DIG - well, I'd rather work with DIG from the get-go

The OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION list is a home for DIG, so welcome! :D

> Make it available under open source license - check!  (same license
> Evergreen uses?)

I'd advocate an open source license of some sort.  For a user manual,
we don't strictly need to match the license used by Evergreen (GNU
GPL, v2), but for the context sensitive help, if we'd like to easily
distribute that content as part and parcel of the software that isn't
reliant on external community servers, then it'll help if we use a
license compatible with the GPL.  Since the GPL is of course
compatible with itself, it gets my vote. :-)

--
Jason Etheridge
 | VP, Tactical Development
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
 | email:  jason at esilibrary.com
 | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

Please come by and visit the Equinox team and learn more about
Evergreen, Koha, and open source options
ALA Annual meeting in Washington, DC
June 24-28, 2010
booth # 1303