[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Setting a time for next Developers Meeting (Nov. 16th, 2010)

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Mon Nov 8 17:08:25 EST 2010

One of the action items from the last Developers Meeting (minutes are
available at
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:meetings:2010-11:minutes
thanks to Benjamin Shum!) was to set the time of the next meeting.

We have the date: Tuesday, November 16th, 2010. I had suggested a
meeting time of 12:00 noon Eastern / 9:00 AM West Coast in the hopes
that our developers from the Sitka and KCLS part of the world might be
able to attend as we approach the final 2.0 release. However, there was
some debate and we weren't able to come to an agreement during the
meeting.

The other time advocated by some of the participants was 11:00 am
Eastern / 8:00 am West Coast. I worried that that's still too early for
the potential West Coast participants.

As a result, I agreed to bring the matter to the mailing list. So here
we are.

Are there any developers for whom 2010-11-16 at 12:00 noon Eastern
simply won't work, no matter where you are? If so, would 1:00 PM Eastern
be any better?

Also, the still-forming agenda for the next developers meeting is at
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:meetings:2010-11-16
and one of our goals is to keep the meeting short (half an hour or so).
One way to help keep things short is to get discussions and / or
proposals going on the mailing list in advance of the actual meeting :)