[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Proposed modification to 1.6.0.4-1.6.1.0-upgrade-db.sql

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Tue Nov 16 09:57:25 EST 2010

I would lean towards washing our hands of the demo data for less pain overall.

However, I am concerned that some in the general community have not understood that this is a demo feature only in 1.6. It seemed there were a few questions on the list indicating that some were using it as a live feature and investing time in populating the tables. I asked a question a few weeks ago about how to cover the acquisitions module in version 1.6. It seems we need a big clear warning for people to enter test data only since it will be washed away in a 2.0 upgrade? Should the question be extended to the general community to get their impressions and usage of the acquisitions module or would that just complicate the debate? Or, do you think there were sufficient warning such as in the release notes?

It looked as if at least one person was trying to use it:

see:

http://libmail.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-general/2010-November/003624.html
http://libmail.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-general/2010-November/003626.html

Robert