[OPEN-ILS-DEV] 2-second go_print workaround did not work?

J. Benjamin Dudley dudleyb_mailing at ecgrl.org
Tue Nov 16 10:13:00 EST 2010

One of our staff received this error message today while printing a receipt
(and all subsequent receipts) for a patron:

"Please tell the developers that the 2-second go_print workaround did not
work. We will try to print one more time; there have been reports of wasted
receipt paper at this point. please check the settings on the print dialog
and/or prepare to power off your printer. Thanks!"

After clicking OK, the printer dialog box showed up. She clicked OK again
and the receipt came out stretched out and rotated 90 degrees.

The printer (Epson TM-T88IV) settings under Local System Admin were all
correct (margins, orientation, & paper size).

On the next try (after the above error message), I told her to click on
Properties in the Printer dialog box. Somehow, the paper orientation changed
to rotate 90 degrees. After changing that, the receipt came out fine, but
the error message still shows.

Has anyone else encountered this?

J. Benjamin Dudley

Systems Administrator