[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Purdue EPICS WLPL team Web based Self-checkout improvement project

liu264 at purdue.edu liu264 at purdue.edu
Wed Nov 17 11:08:19 EST 2010

Hi,

We are students in the Purdue EPICS team trying to improve the Web based
Self-checkout system for the local West Lafayette library:
http://epics.ecn.purdue.edu/wlpl/

The library is using this Web based self-checkout system:
https://evergreen.lib.in.us/opac/extras/selfcheck/selfcheck.xml
and we have found the code in the open source files:
Evergreen-ILS-1.6.1.2\Open-ILS\web\opac\extras\selfcheck\selfcheck.js

We want to change the code so that the patrons can self checkout audio books
without getting error messages:

"ilsevent":"7010","pid":"18055","desc":" The requested copy has an alert message
attached ", "payload":"Contains 6 CDs and a booklet.", "textcode":
"COPY_ALERT_MESSAGE",

But how can we test our changes to the file? What machine or OS should we use to
run and test it.

Thank you
Yulai Liu
Purdue EPICS: West Lafayette Public Library team
https://engineering.purdue.edu/EPICS/Projects/Teams/viewTeam?teamid=40
http://epics.ecn.purdue.edu/wlpl/