[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Purdue EPICS WLPL team Web based Self-checkout improvement project

liu264 at purdue.edu liu264 at purdue.edu
Wed Nov 17 18:09:53 EST 2010

Also I am getting confusing now:

        When using staff-client checkout, both normal books and audio books are
processed normally, and a textcode “SUCCESS” is returned.
	When using the web based self-checkout, normal books are processed normally.
However, audio books contain
        ILS event code: “7010”
        desc: “The requested copy has an alert message attached ",
        payload: “Contains 6 CDs and a booklet.”
        Then checkout process terminated and text code “COPY_ALERT_MESSAGE” is
returned instead.

        But when using self-checkout, selfcheck.js send a request to the
checkout.js with the patron and book ID, which means that both staff and
selfcheck use the same checkout program. So why do the audio books’ ILSevent
“7010” only cause problem when using self-checkout?

Can anyone answer this question for me please?

Yulai Liu

Quoting liu264 at purdue.edu: