[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Purdue EPICS WLPL team Web based Self-checkout improvement project

Anoop Atre anoop.atre at mnsu.edu
Wed Nov 17 18:53:45 EST 2010

Hello students in the Purdue EPICS team,

You will not have direct access to testing it on the live system i.e.
the URL you use for self checkout.

Evergreen runs on Linux (mainly Debian and Ubuntu) and the initial
installation of the software can be a little complicated. An easier way
for you to test your changes would be to download the Evergreen 1.6.0.1,
Debian 5.0 (Lenny) virtual machine available on the downloads page.

To use the virtual machine you will need to download a free/open source
software called VirtualBox [ http://www.virtualbox.org/ ]. I'm not sure
but you may need to look online for any beginner tips/notes to get used
to using VirtualBox.

Once you have installed VirtualBox you will extract the compressed
virtual machine you downloaded. Go through the README file for setup
instructions. Note that the Unix (Linux) accounts and other accounts are
shown as "username / password".

Then edit the file you've identified, open up a browser within the
virtual machine and view the self checkout page [
https://localhost/opac/extras/selfcheck/selfcheck.xml ]

Hope this helps!

Anoop Atre
IS Developer & Integrator, MnPALS
PH: 507.389.5060
OF: 3022 Memorial Library (Office-ML 3022)
--
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens"
  ~ Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller