[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Bug Wrangling

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Tue Nov 30 10:55:26 EST 2010

Hi, all.

During the Developers' IRC Meeting yesterday, I volunteered to change
all those bugs with "fix committed" status to "fix released" status
where appropriate.

While it seems relatively straightforward, I thought that I would
share the methodology that I plan to use to make that determination in
the interest of transparency.

I plan to go through each of these bugs, read the descriptions and
notes, and check the commit messages from SVN to see when the code was
committed. If the commit appears in a released version of Evergreen
(1.4.0.7, 1.6.0.10, 1.6.1.4, or 2.0.0 beta 3), then I will change the
status to "fix released." If the commit is only in trunk or in a
branch revision appearing after one of the listed releases, I will not
change the status to "fix committed."

I am also willing to set target milestones for other open bugs, but I
would need some guidance on what other developers would think are
appropriate bugs to target for rel 2.0 and 2.1. I also don't have any
real experience with a 1.6 system, so would not be of any use triaging
bugs that only affect 1.6 but are gone from rel_2_0 or trunk.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments on the above, I'm certainly
open to your ideas.

Cheers,
Jason Stephenson
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium