[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Action trigger questions

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Wed Oct 6 11:24:24 EDT 2010

OK, this time I  have some real questions:

1) I noticed that under the Hooks tab and in the Hood table there is a field called "Passive". Does that indicate whether a hook needs the action_trigger_runner.pl script to process or whether it needs an entry in the  /openils/conf/action_trigger_filters.json file? Or does it refer to something else entirely?

2) Do all hooks we want to activate need to be added to  the /openils/conf/action_trigger_filters.json file to run? It seems that some (such as the lost.auto hook) do not require this? Could you verify if that is the case and when it is the case or not?

I am starting to work on the action triggers section of the 1.6 documentation based somewhat on the list discussion of action triggers Dan started a few months back:
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/1.6/draft/html/actiontriggers.html

Please feel free to review and comment. There is still a lot of fleshing out to do and it is a work in progress.

Thanks,
Robert

This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the individual or entity named in the message.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible
to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is prohibited.  If this communication was received in error, please
notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy
the original message.