[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Action trigger questions

Joe Atzberger jatzberger at esilibrary.com
Wed Oct 6 12:08:11 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Soulliere, Robert <
robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca> wrote:

> OK, this time I  have some real questions:
>
> 1) I noticed that under the Hooks tab and in the Hood table there is a
> field called "Passive". Does that indicate whether a hook needs the
> action_trigger_runner.pl script to process or whether it needs an entry in
> the  /openils/conf/action_trigger_filters.json file? Or does it refer to
> something else entirely?

My (limited) understanding: It refers to whether or not the event is created
by user action directly, like PO activation, or some confluence of
circumstances like my held item being on a shelf for X number of days.

> 2) Do all hooks we want to activate need to be added to  the
> /openils/conf/action_trigger_filters.json file to run? It seems that some
> (such as the lost.auto hook) do not require this? Could you verify if that
> is the case and when it is the case or not?

If you don't specify a filters file on the command-line (or crontab entry),
then you get everything (subject to other selectors like granularity).  So
it is not necessary to add it to the json file unless all your A/T entries
rely on a json filter file.