[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Sorry ... Does EVERGREEN support anything other than MySQL? We have standardized on Oracle and SQL Server.

Rogan Hamby rhamby at statelibrary.sc.gov
Thu Apr 7 11:38:04 EDT 2011

I've never heard of Evergreen on MySQL actually.  Out of the box it runs PostgreSQL though with enough hacking anything could be made to work.  It would be a lot.  I'm not sure MySQL would scale up to the size many Evergreen installs would need.  I've never used MySQL for anything larger than ~2gig databases.

As for Evergreen supporting Oracle or SQL Server (MS?) I don't know of any projects to support that.  PostgreSQL for all it's oddities is very robust and a great oss alternative for those who need the ability to scale up really large.

Sorry  ... Does EVERGREEN support anything other than MySQL? We have standardized on Oracle and SQL Server.