[OPEN-ILS-DEV] template toolkit master merge branch

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Thu Aug 18 22:23:31 EDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 09:49:23PM -0400, Jason Etheridge wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 9:39 PM, Thomas Berezansky <tsbere at mvlc.org> wrote:
> > That particular complaint is the collection of HTML sitting in the template
> > toolkit templates that started off as copies of things in the javascript
> > opac. Things that to me look like language strings that the javascript would
> > have read or form elements that would have been populated by javascript and
> > are currently hidden with hide_me CSS, mainly.
>
> Or in a word, cruft.  More favorably, hooks for the future. :D

Hooks for future removal, largely. It's not ideal beginning with cruft -
but the most important part to me is that the T-PAC as it currently
stands in the merge branch _works_. Yes, there is "<big><strong>" markup
and inline style attributes and autogenerated class attributes and other
aesthetically displeasing aspects of the underlying HTML, but it doesn't
affect the functionality at all.

> +0 for me.  Just curious, wiring it in as a basic catalog replacement,
> would that also affect bookbag links?

At the moment, the JS-PAC sends you to a SuperCat feed if you click on
"View" in My Bookbags. The T-PAC doesn't have full bookbag display
capabilities yet (you can create and manipulate "My Lists" and list the
contents of the lists, but you can't get to the individual items from
that interface). Of course, the Basic Catalog doesn't expose bookbags to
users at all, so any bookbag/my list functionality that the T-PAC does
currently offer is a bonus on our "replace the basic catalog" scorecard.