[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Reg: srfsh issue

Sivagaami Shanmugam shaansika.220110 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 11:40:53 EDT 2011

Hello,

The Evergreen version 2.0.7 which I had installed earlier was successful and
its been running really good.

As a part of testing I tried installing it on my laptop (I3 processor). I
already have windows 7 on it so went for a dual boot with debian squeeze
(for amd 64) as the forums said we could either install i386 for 32 or amd
64 for 64 bit I3.

With few difficulties successfully installed opensrf 2.0.1 but Evergreen
2.0.8 is not getting through. Everything was smooth until I ran autogen.sh
which ended up with the cant load 'opac visible' error statement. Tried
starting up apache2 but it fails with 'unable to load startup.pl' error
message.

I tried all suggestions from open-ils forum but dint help. The forums say
that there could be multiple reasons for it. I tried sorting out one by one.
When I run ldd command it doesn't show up libdbi in it. I tried to
re-install but dint help.

Not sure what domain name I had given while installing debian  but in
/etc/hosts file I could see a domain name. So tried setting it up manually.
Will that be the reason?

Can someone please guide me through to proceed further?

Thanks a ton in advance :-)

Regards,
Shiva.