[OPEN-ILS-DEV] 2.1 Status and Blocking Bugs Request

Duimovich, George George.Duimovich at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Tue Aug 30 14:32:54 EDT 2011

No opinion here on EDI.

Re: Upgrade script, we also expect to run into "local issue" outlined here:

	Line 2623 - create unique call number index issues
	http://markmail.org/message/p3ot52bh2eyqk5gz

Wonder if that might be more common than local?

FWIW, we're catching some of our duplicates with this sql:

select acn.label, acn.owning_lib, acn.record, count(acn.label) from asset.call_number as acn inner join
asset.call_number as acn2 on acn.label = acn2.label
where acn.owning_lib = acn2.owning_lib and acn.record = acn2.record and acn.id != acn2.id
group by acn.label, acn.owning_lib, acn.record

Perhaps add as comment to upgrade script (i.e. if create index fails, check for duplicate labels with sample sql, etc.)?

I'd like to see auto-updating authorities working in 2.1 (e.g. http://goo.gl/r2jXs & http://goo.gl/pwDiU) but not a blocker and those two reports may be unique to our setting only (have open ticket with ESI). It's a really killer feature for cataloguers so anxious to get that working for us.

Thanks,
George

George Duimovich
NRCan Library / Bibliothèque de RNCan