[OPEN-ILS-DEV] MARC Record Import from txt

Elliot Voris evoris at slcconline.edu
Thu Dec 8 16:16:18 EST 2011

Hi, Dev Mailing List

I've got a fresh installation of Evergreen 2.1.1, running on a fresh installation of Ubuntu 10.04.3.

I also have a very long list (23,000-something) of MARC records that I need to import into the system. I tested out doing this through the staff client. It worked in smaller batches, but would timeout when trying to do anything substantial. Right now; they're in MarcXML format, in a .txt file. What's the best way to import all my MARC records into the database?

Thanks!

Elliot J Voris
IT Director
Saint Louis Christian College