[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ejabberd.cfg

Duimovich, George George.Duimovich at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Fri Dec 23 12:39:34 EST 2011

Update:

Since updating our max_stanza setting to this (from previous value of 2000000):

{max_stanza_size, 3000000}

We've had a significant drop in spun apache processes (in fact, none since the change + restart of services). And no related errors in osrfwarn.log.

Thanks - seems to do the trick.

George

George Duimovich
NRCan Library / Bibliothèque de RNCan

-----Original Message-----
From: open-ils-dev-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org [mailto:open-ils-dev-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Bill Erickson
Sent: December 20, 2011 09:21
To: Evergreen Development Discussion List
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-DEV] ejabberd.cfg

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 03:36:55PM -0500, Duimovich, George wrote:

> Hello,
> Re: 2.1.1 system where our max_stanza setting in ejabberd.cfg is
> already set to recommended level :
> {max_stanza_size, 2000000}
> Noticed some errors like the following from osrfwarn.log file:
> 2011-12-19 12:31:37 evergreen open-ils.cstore: [WARN:25065:transport_session.c:
> 624:] Received <stream:error> message from Jabber server
> 2011-12-19 12:31:37 evergreen open-ils.cstore: [WARN:25065:transport_session.c:
> 870:] Text of error message received from Jabber: XML stanza is too
> big Before I make any changes to max_stanza_size, is it likely the
> case that the above error will be taken care of by increasing
> max_stanza_size? If so, any recommended increments to test (eg. Set to 3000000??) etc.

That should do it.  There's no hard limit, so it's mostly a question of how your servers handle the load and what you consider a reasonable amount of data to allow through one message.

> Also, am I able to restart ejabberd without re-starting all of the
> other opensrf services (say, later tonight, etc.) and not harming anything?

You need to restart all OpenSRF service when you restart Ejabberd.
Preferably, stop OpenSRF, restart Ejabberd, then start OpenSRF.

-b

--
Bill Erickson