[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Monograph Parts

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 15:09:01 EST 2011

I'll be starting work on an implementation of Monograph Parts (think:
DIsks 1-3; Volume A-D; etc), well, right now, in a git branch that
I'll push to http://git.esilibrary.com/?p=evergreen-equinox.git;a=summary
but I wanted to get the basic plan out there for comment.  So,
attached you'll find a PDF outlining the plan.  Comments and feedback
are welcome, but time for significant changes is slim.

This is not intended to cover every single possible use of the concept
of Monograph Parts, but I believe it is a straight-forward design that
offers a very good code-to-feature ratio and should be readily used by
existing sites after upgrading to a version containing the code.