[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Monograph Parts

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Wed Feb 16 09:28:39 EST 2011

Mike,

This is a great idea, particularly the holds prompt. Could you go into a
little more detail on how this would function on the user side, both
patron and cataloging staff? I'm particularly interested in how this would
function in a consortium like PINES where different libraries might
process a multipart set differently. For example, one library might
process and circulate a 3 part DVD set as one item, where another might
put each in a separate container with a separate barcode. How would it
display in holdings maintenance as well as in the OPAC copy display?

Also, would this mean multipart items already held by a library would need
to be change in Evergreen to take advantage of the functionality? Or would
there be a way to automatically process multipart items retrospectively?

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES Bibliographic Projects and Metadata Manager
Georgia Public Library Service,
A Unit of the University System of Georgia
1800 Century Place, Suite 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304
404.235-7128
404.235-7201, fax