[OPEN-ILS-DEV] SRU access to authority records

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Feb 22 00:38:53 EST 2011

I have a feature I would like to add to 2.1 - the ability to retrieve
authority records via SRU (and from there, Z39.50).

It builds on the existing "startwith" interface for accessing authority
records along the name, subject, title, and topic axes. The SRU
interface also offers the ability to retrieve authority records via
record ID.

For now, it requires adding another Perl handler (/opac/extras/sru_auth)
although with more effort it would undoubtedly be possible to make it
live in the same /opac/extras/sru space as the bibliographic SRU
interface. To achieve that, we would have to differentiate the URL in
some way to distinguish between the bibliographic and authority records,
so just using a different handler from the start makes sense to me. I've
tried to avoid code duplication and have factored out some of the common
elements into new subroutines.

Anyone interested in reviewing my work or testing it out can find it in
the dbs/enhance_sru branch of the git repository at
http://gitorious.org/evergreen-library-system/