[OPEN-ILS-DEV] SRU access to authority records

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 07:55:43 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:38 AM, Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net> wrote:
> I have a feature I would like to add to 2.1 - the ability to retrieve
> authority records via SRU (and from there, Z39.50).
>
> It builds on the existing "startwith" interface for accessing authority
> records along the name, subject, title, and topic axes. The SRU
> interface also offers the ability to retrieve authority records via
> record ID.
>
> For now, it requires adding another Perl handler (/opac/extras/sru_auth)
> although with more effort it would undoubtedly be possible to make it
> live in the same /opac/extras/sru space as the bibliographic SRU
> interface. To achieve that, we would have to differentiate the URL in
> some way to distinguish between the bibliographic and authority records,
> so just using a different handler from the start makes sense to me. I've
> tried to avoid code duplication and have factored out some of the common
> elements into new subroutines.
>
> Anyone interested in reviewing my work or testing it out can find it in
> the dbs/enhance_sru branch of the git repository at
> http://gitorious.org/evergreen-library-system/

Sounds good to me, I'll try to poke at the code soon but this week is
going to be meeting-tasitc I'm afraid.

Related (through supercat), I'll take this opportunity to poke you for
your thoughts and/or concerns on integrating the in-db unapi branch
over yonder: http://git.esilibrary.com/?p=evergreen-equinox.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/unapi2