[OPEN-ILS-DEV] giant error-log and missing database access

K tengo-k at web.de
Tue Feb 22 17:04:00 EST 2011

Hey there,

past 8 hours this day we tried to fix our evergreen system or at least get
it far enough to run even once. We just followed the steps of OpenSrf and
Evergreen installation with all necessary parts included (I guess) on a
linux server, htop tells all party are running and within the installation
there didn't occure any significant problems.

So today we first tried converting the MARC records into BRE JSON via
script (which finally worked pretty well) following the Gutenberg example
with our own data. After figuring out .ingest can be ignored and perl may
use .bre directly the database was filled with useful entries. Proving
this via web-interface and matching IP-address didnt't work, entering any
term into the search box didn't lead to results but just denied to react
at all.

Going through several steps of troubleshooting we managed to got to
authentication with the srfsh command-line OpenSRF client with an enormous
request time of about 60 seconds.

The web-interface still doesn't work even if we get to the page of search
results now (without any content though). The error-log can be found as
appendix (is this the right term to use for a mail? can't tell sry). I
would be glad if anyone is able to help us with this undefined problem or
if there are any hints which things we can try to get through.

greets