[OPEN-ILS-DEV] giant error-log and missing database access

Anoop Atre anoop.atre at mnsu.edu
Tue Feb 22 18:00:23 EST 2011

Hello K
Welcome! It would be good to know what version system, OpenSRF and
Evergreen you are using along with operating system information. Looking
at the error log it seems like ejabberd might not be running or is not
configured correctly.

I would suggest running through this troubleshooting check list:

http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=troubleshooting:checking_for_errors

Another avenue to get help is on the IRC channel usually there is
someone around:

http://open-ils.org/irc.php

A personal request, could you update your email client to use your real
name? I'm guessing it starts with a "K" but it would be good to know : )

Cheers

On 02/22/2011 04:04 PM, K wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> past 8 hours this day we tried to fix our evergreen system or at least get it
> far enough to run even once. We just followed the steps of OpenSrf and Evergreen
> installation with all necessary parts included (I guess) on a linux server, htop
> tells all party are running and within the installation there didn't occure any
> significant problems.
>
> So today we first tried converting the MARC records into BRE JSON via script
> <http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:importing:bibrecords>
> (which finally worked pretty well) following the Gutenberg example with our own
> data. After figuring out .ingest can be ignored and perl may use .bre directly
> the database was filled with useful entries. Proving this via web-interface and
> matching IP-address didnt't work, entering any term into the search box didn't
> lead to results but just denied to react at all.
>
> Going through several steps of troubleshooting we managed to got to
> authentication with the srfsh command-line OpenSRF client with an enormous
> request time of about 60 seconds.
>
> The web-interface still doesn't work even if we get to the page of search
> results now (without any content though). The error-log can be found as appendix
> (is this the right term to use for a mail? can't tell sry). I would be glad if
> anyone is able to help us with this undefined problem or if there are any hints
> which things we can try to get through.
>
> greets

Anoop Atre
IS Developer & Integrator, MnPALS
PH: 507.389.5060
OF: 3022 Memorial Library (Office-ML 3022)
--
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens"
  ~ Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller