[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Circ and Hold Matrix entry deletion

Thomas Berezansky tsbere at mvlc.org
Wed Jun 1 22:41:17 EDT 2011

In general you should have no problem deleting circ or hold matrix
rules. Any retained data (for circs in particular) is stored on the
circulation, outside of logs there is no link back to the matchpoint
(or matchpoints, see below) involved in the circulation.

Your problem with fines (recurring/max) compared to durations and
such, for circ matrix rules at least, may be able to resolved fairly
easily with fallthrough. It allows you to not set all the rules at
once and instead have the system collect the final answer from
multiple places.

For example, you could set durations at the most generic parts of the
org tree and fines at the most specific and the system can assemble a
complete rule with the full set.

Circ matrix fallthrough is a new feature in 2.1. If you want help
figuring it out I may be able to be of assistance.

Thomas Berezansky
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium