[OPEN-ILS-DEV] "Choose a library to search" behavior in the opac

Michele Morgan mmorgan at noblenet.org
Fri Jun 10 11:04:01 EDT 2011

We have the following setup in our 2.0.6 test system:

Our Org tree is set up as:

- Consortium
-- System
--- Branch
---- Department

In our copies, we have set the Owning Lib (asset.call_number.owning_lib) at the
Department level and the Circulation Library (asset.copy.circ_lib) set at the
Branch level.

With this setup, we've been able to create circulation policies that work as we
intend based on the Owning Lib (Department). Also, the copies don't transit when
checked in at a workstation registered to the branch. This all works well.

What doesn't work the way we'd like is the opac. Our goal is to be able to limit
by department in the catalog, but when we pull down the dropdown to choose a
library to search, we're not getting any results when we choose to limit to a
department.

The opac is limiting to the copy.circ_lib rather than the
call_number.owning_lib. Is there a way to change which field the opac is
limiting to when we choose a library to search, or is there a better strategy
for accomplishing what we're trying to do?

Thanks for any insights.
--
Michele Morgan, Technical Assistant
North of Boston Library Exchange, Danvers Massachusetts
mmorgan at noblenet.org