[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Request for advice: Evergreen application loadbalancing

Daniël Kollmer dko at iisg.nl
Wed Jun 15 05:26:45 EDT 2011

Hello all

After learning how sensitive the different layers of apache, memcache, jabber en opensrf are when it comes to hostnames I was wondering about the following scenario.

Imagine I were to make an apache loadbalancing proxy which handles the incoming requests by staffclients and distributes them among several backends running the opensrf application. Naturally, those backends will have to have different hostnames to distinguish them to the proxy, and of course they would all have to communicate back and forth with a memcache service and an ejabberd.

Do any of you have experience with this, and if so, how would you implement this with respect to connection of the various software and application layers?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

--
Daniel Kollmer

Systeembeheer
Internationaal Instituut Sociale Geschiedenis
System Administration
International Institute for Social History

Email: dko at iisg.nl
Tel: +31 20 8500 416
Fax: + 31 20 6654181