[OPEN-ILS-DEV] RELEASE TEAM: 2.1-RC1 cut

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Jun 21 14:27:00 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com> wrote:
> The tarball for Evergreen 2.1-RC1 is up at
> http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/ ...
>
> Next steps:
>  * make a staff client
>  * update the downloads page
>  * announce to the lists/blogs/etc
>
> HAVE AT IT, TEAM!

Actually, I don't think we have a team defined for 2.1 - the release
checklist is at
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:evergreen:release_checklist
and only includes a team for 2.0. This would be a great time to get
names beside actions for 2.1 and get ahead of the ball on things like
release notes, documentation, etc. Sign up for credit and eternal
glory now!

(Aside: maybe we need to differentiate release teams for major
releases versus point releases? Release notes writer for a minor point
release is a much different job than release notes writer for a 2.0.0
or 2.1.0 release, methinks!)