[OPEN-ILS-DEV] More unicode patches for SIPServer

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 09:26:49 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Jason Stephenson <jstephenson at mvlc.org>wrote:

> Quoting Joe Atzberger <ohiocore at gmail.com>:
>
>  Yeah, I think it was called the SIP Implementer's Handbook.
>>

> You are probably referring to the SIP2 Interface Developer's Guide? It is
> utter rubbish. The table of contents is not even correct in most editions.
> There are more bad examples in there than good. I'd suggest pitching it and
> never thinking about it again.

Glad to have that corroborated.  That means we can scrap the (failing) test
cases that came from it.

One wonders when was the last time that the checksum usefully caught
> corruption in a message... one suspects not for a long time.

Yeah, for the amount of time cost to developers, implementers and clients
for this outmoded data security feature, we could have added entire
request/response pairs or packaged code for binary distros.