[OPEN-ILS-DEV] More unicode patches for SIPServer

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Thu Jun 23 10:35:04 EDT 2011

On 22/06/11 22:20, Jason Stephenson wrote:
> Quoting Joe Atzberger <ohiocore at gmail.com>:

> All I can say is that the %U, %16U, and %16C options all seem to be
> working for us with our clients.
%C is probably formally correct as the code published by 3M uses byte
semantics. %U is incorrect as it uses character semantics, but we'll not
see the difference except when using multibyte characters.

The checksum should be on the values of the bytes in the message (i.e.
in most cases the encoding is irrelevant).
(unfortunately 3M don't clarify if they treat the bytes as signed or
unsigned the just assume...)
One wonders when was the last time that the checksum usefully caught
corruption in a message... one suspects not for a long time.
Colin
--
Colin Campbell
Chief Software Engineer,