[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Server-side OPAC development project: an introduction

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Mar 9 02:35:23 EST 2011

On 8 March 2011 21:15, Ben Shum <bshum at biblio.org> wrote:
> For fun I tried those steps outlined with a test box running Squeeze and
> Evergreen 2.0.1 and pointing at a copy of our 2.0 database.  Overall the
> steps worked quite flawlessly, though I did have to use a slightly different
> path directory for the OpenILS/WWW contents than what was given on the page.
>
> For me, I ended up copying that material to /openils/lib/perl5/OpenILS/WWW

The path Bill gave (potentially adjusted for distribution-specific
locations of Perl modules) is required for Evergreen 2.1 and up. As of
Evergreen 2.1, the Evergreen Perl modules are installed as standard
Perl modules, rather than in a non-standard path that requires
PERL5LIB path munging.

Note that if you upgrade a machine from Evergreen 2.0 to 2.1, you will
want to "rm -fr /openils/lib/perl5" to avoid having the old 2.0
modules get loaded instead of your shiny new 2.1 modules. For those
who made the jump from OpenSRF 1.0 to 1.2 or 1.6, a similar step was
required at that time