[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Server-side OPAC development project: an introduction

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Wed Mar 9 13:03:39 EST 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 12:02 PM, James Fournie <
jfournie at sitka.bclibraries.ca> wrote:

> Hi Bill,

Hi James,

> Just to ask a question probably other people are asking -- could you
> elaborate on what the SVF infrastructure is for and how it will work?

In a nutshell, it makes the extraction and indexing of MARC fields more
flexible and configurable.  (Though, Mike probably has a better elevator
pitch).  For the OPAC, today it primarily affects how we retrieve and
display things like search filters (languages, item type, item form, etc.).
 I'll refer you to Mike's original email for the gritty details:

http://libmail.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-dev/2011-January/006757.html

> Will the new TT OPAC be used in the staff client as well?

Yes, that is the goal.

-b

--
Bill Erickson