[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Google Summer of Code 2011 application?

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Sat Mar 5 00:12:41 EST 2011

On 23 February 2011 11:46, Jason Etheridge <jason at esilibrary.com> wrote:
>> In short, if there's no interest or capacity from the other core
>> committers, then we probably shouldn't bother submitting an application.
>> I think that would be a shame - with students at Purdue currently
>> working on projects like an Android client for Evergreen, there are
>> potential candidates for the program and potential for long term returns
>> on our investment of mentoring time - but it's not something I can pull
>> off by myself.
>
> You can count Galen and myself in, on behalf of Equinox, for
> sponsoring someone for GSoC.

Sweet! I've thrown together a stub of a page with some stubby ideas at
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:summer_of_coding_ideas
- please feel free to edit/embellish/add more ideas. (And everybody
else - if you have ideas about something that would make a good summer
programming project for a student, please speak up!)