[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Developer VM

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Sun Mar 20 04:41:13 EDT 2011

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 01:29:02PM +0530, Suhothayan Sriskandarajah wrote:
> On 20 March 2011 05:25, Atre, Anoop S <anoop.atre at mnsu.edu> wrote:
>
> > Dan Scott has posted a virtual image for developers on the downloads page.
> >
> > Notes from the commit message:
> >
> > The developer virtual image (OpenSRF and Evergreen trunk as of 2011-03-19
> > on Debian Squeeze) includes PostgreSQL 9.0 and Python support and is
> > intended to serve as a quickstart development environment as well as a sneak
> > peek at the latest features in Evergreen.
> >
> > [ http://evergreen-ils.org/~denials/Evergreen_trunk_2011_03_19_Squeeze.ova]
> >
> > See the README for more information.
> >
> > [
> > http://evergreen-ils.org/~denials/README-Evergreen_trunk_2011_03_19_Squeeze]
> >
> > Thanks for the developer virtual image.
> I'll deploy and start playing with the code.

Great! Let us know if you run into any problems (either with the image,
or of course with Evergreen).

I guess we should add some simple upgrade instructions for developers
who want to stay absolutely up to date without blowing away their
existing sample data. I know some devs use the update scripts in
Evergreen's build/tools/ directory to automatically update the code and
database schema. I haven't used those, which is why the VM image isn't
set up to support them, but I'll make a note to self to try doing that
in the future.

Dan