[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Developer VM

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Mon Mar 21 10:21:26 EDT 2011

On 20 March 2011 04:41, Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 01:29:02PM +0530, Suhothayan Sriskandarajah wrote:
>> On 20 March 2011 05:25, Atre, Anoop S <anoop.atre at mnsu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> > Dan Scott has posted a virtual image for developers on the downloads page.
>> >
>> > Notes from the commit message:
>> >
>> > The developer virtual image (OpenSRF and Evergreen trunk as of 2011-03-19
>> > on Debian Squeeze) includes PostgreSQL 9.0 and Python support and is
>> > intended to serve as a quickstart development environment as well as a sneak
>> > peek at the latest features in Evergreen.
>> >
>> > [ http://evergreen-ils.org/~denials/Evergreen_trunk_2011_03_19_Squeeze.ova]

Note that due to a quirk of the OVA format (noticed by Anoop Atre -
thanks!), the name of the OVA file must match the name of the OVF file
that it contains - and of course I munged the name of the OVA file to
include the date. So if you downloaded the file from the link above,
you'll need to rename it to Evergreen_trunk_Squeeze.ova before
VirtualBox will allow you to import it.

Anyone else downloading this VM should use
http://evergreen-ils.org/~denials/Evergreen_trunk_Squeeze.ova (I have
also updated the link from http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads.php
accordingly)