[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Developer Image Issue

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Mar 23 11:46:56 EDT 2011

On 23 March 2011 11:36, Joseph Lewis <joehms22 at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> The filename is "Evergreen_trunk_Squeeze.ova", and it installs perfectly and
> starts up seemingly fine.
> VirtualBox 4.04 r70112
>
> It is actually the bundled staff-client that is giving me the problem, here
> is what I did on my server:
>
> Setup:
> evergreen at squeeze:~/Desktop$ su opensrf
> Password:
> opensrf at squeeze:/home/evergreen/Desktop$ osrf_ctl.sh -l -a start_all
> OpenSRF Router already started : 1612 1613
> Starting OpenSRF Perl
> * starting all services for localhost
> * opensrf.settings is already running
> * open-ils.acq is already running

Ah. If the server was shut down uncleanly, then there will be old PID
files that fool the osrf_ctl.sh script into thinking that OpenSRF
processes are running, when they actually aren't (there's another
bitesize bug candidate - making osrf_ctl.sh smarter).

So, issue "osrf_ctl.sh -l -a stop_all" to ensure anything that did get
started up is stopped; remove the PID files from the
/openils/var/run/opensrf/ directory (earlier versions of Evergreen put
them in /openils/var/run/), and try starting the OpenSRF processes up
again. You'll need to restart Apache after that, and then you should
be able to connect with the staff client.