[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Fwd: Evergreen mailing list question

Joscha Filius eaglegrip at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 09:52:55 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Luciën van Wouw <lwo at iisg.nl>
Date: Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 3:47 PM
To: "j.filius at ogd.nl" <j.filius at ogd.nl>

 Hello,

We like to be able to automatically change marc records via a PostGreSql
driver's  client.
To be precise, we envision a nightly job to read each marc field from
the biblio.record_entry
table; set a 902$a field with a persistant identifier is it was not there;
and update the datafield accordingly.

However, after an update.... the triggers methods remove any marc subfields
that were added this way.

Are we going about it the wrong way ? Is there a different method to update
these records automatically ? A different table maybe ? Can you advice ?

Thanks,

Kinds regards,

Lucien van Wouw
IISH, The Netherlands