[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Fwd: Evergreen mailing list question

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Thu Mar 31 10:00:50 EDT 2011

On 31 March 2011 09:52, Joscha Filius <eaglegrip at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We like to be able to automatically change marc records via a PostGreSql
> driver's  client.
> To be precise, we envision a nightly job to read each marc field from
> the biblio.record_entry table; set a 902$a field with a persistant
> identifier is it was not there; and update the datafield accordingly.
>
> However, after an update.... the triggers methods remove any marc subfields
> that were added this way.
>
> Are we going about it the wrong way ? Is there a different method to update
> these records automatically ? A different table maybe ? Can you advice ?

biblio.record_entry is definitely the right table.

What version of Evergreen are you running? There was a problem fixed
recently (the fix is in the 2.0.3 release) where the update triggers
wiped out any other 9xx fields.

Also, if you inadvertently attempt to create invalid XML in the
biblio.record_entry.marc column, the database will reject that.

Can you share the code you're using to attempt to make this update?