[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen Woes

John H gadgetfan.john at googlemail.com
Thu May 12 07:45:12 EDT 2011

On 12 May 2011 12:19, Bill Ott <bott at grpl.org> wrote:

>> I created the database schema with your command line and the software
>> went through a fairly lengthy creation with no errors on screen that I
>> noticed. However, afterwards I'm still getting the message "TypeError:
>> g.my_libs_tree is null" when logging on with the staff client. Any
>> more ideas?
>
> I think step #3 in this section will help.
> http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server:2.0:install#starting_evergreen
>
> autogen.sh generates some files based on table data that should, among other
> things, populate that libs_tree.

Thanks, but I've already tried that and repeated all the installation
steps from creating the Evergreen database onwards, and still get the
same error.

I've now found that I've got the "Received no data from server" error
back when I do the math test, even after checking that all the
necessary services are running. OpenSRF was working earlier this
morning but I'm having to go through an elaborate process of stopping
processes, deleting PIDs and restarting them every time it fails, and
life is just too short.

I've come to the conclusion that it's time to give up and put the
whole thing down to experience. Thanks to all the people who gave me
their time, but I'm under too much stress to continue. Installing even
a complex piece of software should not take more than 20 hours of work
for someone who has used Linux before...

--
John Hudson
gadgetfan.john at gmail.com