[OPEN-ILS-DEV] copy create date vs. receive date in ACQ for hold protection

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue May 24 14:57:30 EDT 2011

Hi Bill,

I don't know about an IRC dicussion, but I had posted a question about this
to this list a couple of weeks ago -
http://georgialibraries.markmail.org/thread/fv4fdrdhczkaknw5. We were
considering something similar to option 3, but with the addition of giving
libraries the option of using either the create date or "active" date when
using age protection. It looks like option 2 would primarily work for
libraries using acquisitions, is that right? In our case, we will have
libraries using acquisitions and others that will be entering on order items
via cataloging, and we need something that will work in all of these cases.
We also liked the idea of storing an "active" date that is distinct from the
create date so that it would be useful in reports, such as reports used to
gernate new materials lists.

Kathy

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator