[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Lucid Packaging Problems

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Fri May 27 18:45:34 EDT 2011

Hi, all.

In IRC today Ben Shum mentioned some issues with the xml-rpc gateway
on Ubuntu Lucid.

In the course of that conversation, it was figured out that the fix is
to install the Perl XML::RPC module from CPAN and not use the one that
comes packaged for Lucid.

Along the way, Ben communicated to me in a private conversation that
the 3.0.57 version of Yaz that is packaged for Lucid also has issues
connecting with Evergreen and that using 3.0.47 or a newer version
seems to resolve it.

So, to avoid these problems when we do our production installation
this weekend, I modified the src/extras/Makefile.install to install
the preferred packages. I am sharing it with the community and for
possible inclusion in mainline via a working branch:

http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/Evergreen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/user/jason@mvlc.org/lucid-install-fix

Cheers,
Jason Stephenson
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium