[OPEN-ILS-DEV] bringing more developers into the fold

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Tue Nov 1 10:22:32 EDT 2011

Hi Lori,

Overall read pretty well to me.  One tidbit I saw was that the list of
core committers on page 2 did not include Thomas Berenzansky from
Merrimac Valley Library Consortium.  His name is on the wiki page
equivalent:
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=contributing:contributors

Another question I had, and this is more for the developers involved
(Jason, Dan, and Galen), but regarding the Google Summer of Code content
and ideas... since this was a special project during the summer of 2011
(which is past now?), is there continued commitment from the original
mentors for each of the specified ideas and proposals listed?
Otherwise, both the wiki page
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:summer_of_coding_ideas
and this document ought to be altered slightly to reflect the
differences.  Alternatively, the wiki page does not seem to specifically
mention the Google Summer of Code project anymore, but is more vague in
its wording "summer of coding project ideas".  Perhaps aiming for a more
generic "Community Coding Project Ideas" might be best?

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum
Open Source Software Coordinator