[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Proposal for a Vendors' Module

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Thu Nov 3 10:05:02 EDT 2011

Hi, all.

Recently I've had talks with a vendor that one of our library members
is signing up to use about getting data to them in an efficient
manner. It turns out that Bibliomation also uses this vendor. While
discussing details with Bibliomation and the Vendor, we came up with
the idea of adding a standard Vendor module to Evergreen that can be
used to implement custom data feeds for the various vendors that we
all use.

I have put my notes up on MVLC's EGDev Wiki:

http://egdev.mvlcstaff.org/Vendors_Module

I am looking for input on this proposal before beginning any work. I'd
like this to be something that is incorporated into mainline Evergreen
if it turns out to be something that would be truly useful for the
reasons outlined in the Rationale section of the above document.

You can leave comments on the Wiki or reply to this email.

Thanks,
Jason Stephpenson
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium