[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Small cataloging issue with displaying corporate names in MARC editor (EG master)

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Wed Nov 9 15:41:11 EST 2011

Hello,

In EG master, assume I have a bib record open that contains either a
110 and/or 710 corporate name tags. If I right click either tag to
find/create a new linked authority record for that tag, the preview
list of existing authorities does not seem to display any existing
authorities that are corporate names, aka containing the 110 tag. The
preview list within the authority context menu seems to only contain
our remaining authority tags (with the 100 field).

For example, if I use a bib record for a U2 album. If I right click on
this bib's 110 tag for the U2 corporate name, I get a context menu
with a list of potential existing authority records that match the
term "u2". In this preview list, I do not see an entry for U2 in the
preview list, even though I already have a (corporate name) authority
record for U2 in my test system. The same problem repeats if I right
click on the 710 tag for their record company corporate name, in this
case "Island Records".  This happens despite that I already have a
(corporate name) authority record for Island Records in my test
system. Also, I tried temporarily changing a 110 corporate authority
record tag value to a 100, and then the edited authority record
started to show up.

Btw, this authority preview list issue does not seem to occur in EG
2.1 release.

I am in the middle of testing some custom features in master,
therefore I cannot run rel 2.1. Please let me know if you guys/gals
have any ideas on how this could be fixed in master at some point.

Thanks in advance,
Yamil