[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Upgrade 2.0.9 to 2.0.10

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Nov 30 07:08:51 EST 2011

Hi Grant:

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Grant Johnson <fgjohnson at lojoh.ca> wrote:

> Dan and Brian,
> Thanks
>
> I updated the Makefile as per git.
> It's trying to put 8.4.9 instead of 8.4.8...
>
> Is that OK?

The upgrade to 8.4.9 is part of the normal distribution upgrade process; it
would happen if you just run "apt-get update && apt-get safe-upgrade"
independently of Evergreen. It's a desirable update if you look at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/release-8-4-9.html - so please
don't try to avoid it.

>   Can I ...
> +lucid: install_pgsql_client_debs_848 install_extra_debs
> install_cpan_marc_record install_yaz install_cpan_lucid

Nope - there's no target for install_pgsql_client_debs_848 so that would
just error out. As noted above, the upgrade to 8.4.9 is normal and desired.

> Also some errors regarding  tex-common and texlive-binaries.
> I assume I can't ignore these - I'm having trouble with Staff Client
> Admin functions.

I don't know where the tex-* errors you're running into are coming from,
but they won't have anything to do with the staff client; tex-* is a
document formatting program (so if you can't create PDFs, then that might
be related, but nothing to do with Evergreen except perhaps if you're part
of the DIG and creating documentation?). Quick google search suggests that
either installing texlive-base (
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tex-common/+bug/536714)
or removing the two problem tex-* packages might resolve the situation for
you (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1481877)