[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Looking for information on Vandelay Merge/Overlay Profiles

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Oct 4 13:18:59 EDT 2011

Quoting Ben Shum <bshum at biblio.org>:

> Hi Jason,
>
> It's funny you should ask on dev, one of my colleagues is seeking
> similar assistance in the general list I think.
>
> I suggest taking a peek at the following two places:
> <http://markmail.org/message/nodjs2m7e247dqw2>
> http://markmail.org/message/nodjs2m7e247dqw2 - is a link to a screenshot
> Sitka put together of their merge profiles
>
> http://masslnc.cwmars.org/node/2239 - is a link to MassLNC's example doc
> on how to use it.

Actually, that MassLNC page is something that should probably be
updated as it reflects some of the early testing we were doing in
Vandelay. When setting up merge profiles, I've also been using MARC
codes.

I've mostly worked in master when setting up Vandelay profiles, so I'm
not sure how much of this applies to 2.0. However, one thing I did not
realize early on is the role the 901c field plays. If you set up a
profile that replaces the 901c field, it will simply merge the record
without overlaying any fields. If you set up a profile that preserves
the 901c fields, the incoming record will overlay the fields in the
existing record.

Kathy

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator