[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Suggestions for improving Evergreen's HTML README for online readers

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Thu Oct 27 12:36:03 EDT 2011

> I'm a little confused about who HTML readers are vs. README readers.
> Are they not the same people? I would hope that both versions are as
> close to identical as possible. If you have to put a warning on the
> HTML version that says to follow the included README, then what's the
> point of having an HTML version?

Beginning with Evergreen 2.1.0, the HTML version of the instructions is generated from the README file in the source tarball using a program called ASCIIDOC, so the text should be the same.  For previous releases, the README and wiki page versions differed considerably from each other.  The webpage version has been oriented to new users of Evergreen (and Linux), and the README has tended to make more assumptions about the knowledge of the user.  Now that they are the same, I'm sure there are some things that should be added to the README, and I know your suggestions or contributions would be welcome.

Hope that helps,

Chris

--
Chris Sharp