[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Streamlined, more semantic TPAC skin - thoughts?

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Sep 21 10:46:33 EDT 2011

Hi,

On 09/21/2011 10:05 AM, Dan Scott wrote:
> I've spent a bit of time working towards a streamlined, somewhat more
> semantic TPAC skin in the user/dbs/tpac_semantic_amazon_record_details
> branch of the "working" git repo. Attached, find a couple of examples of
> "-old" and "-new" screenshots and the source HTML.

Nice job.

>    * MFHD&  serials is still in a twisty "Issues" at the moment but would
>      be moved here as well (not sure whether before or after "regular"
>      copies)

I'd vote for before displaying them the regular copies since in
principle, the holdings statements in the MFHDs should be concisely
describing what's covered by the physical copies and serial issues.
That's heavily dependent on any given library's data, of course, but I'd
even go so far as to suggest that if summary holdings statements are
available, the list of physical copies should be hidden by default with
a widget to show the list if a patron needs to drill down.

> More interesting than the physical layout (at least to me) is the
> gradual move away from tables-inside-of-tables to more positionable
> blocks of info. I think this should help with skinning at the CSS level.

Yay!

> One other thing I quickly experimented with was removing the fixed-width
> attributes from the stylesheets;

Double-yay!

Regards,

Galen